- Bar Feeding: Collet chucks are ideal for machines equipped with bar feeders because they provide full 360° contact, ensuring that the bar stock remains on centerline and allowing for accurate re-gripping after being advanced. A collet chuck also helps to minimize vibration, and opens and closes faster than a three-jaw chuck.
- Small Diameter Work: Collet chucks offer much better tool clearance for small parts ranging in size from 1/16″ to 4″ in diameter. Collet chucks can also be run at higher speeds, and provide superior gripping force, than three-jaw chucks.
- Short / Thin Parts: A collet chuck’s low-profile design provides better tool clearance and allows for machining very close to the chuck face, which helps prevent thin parts from sagging or bending.
- High Speed Operation: Compared to three-jaw chucks, collet chucks hold up far better to the negative effects of centrifugal force. This allows collet chucks to run at higher speeds with consistent gripping force.
- Reduced Setup Times: A collet can be changed much faster than chuck jaws, and without boring. Collet chucks keep your machines making chips – and profits!
- Pipe and Tube Work: Collets provide 360° contact with the part, distributing the gripping force evenly around the part’s entire circumference and reducing the risk of crushing or distorting thin-walled parts.
- Odd Shaped Parts: With a bit of customization, collets can easily be made to hold off-shaped or off-center parts. There is a wide selection of standard collets designed for round, square, and hex stock.
- Better Tool Life: The paddlewheel-like shape of a three-jaw chuck can deflect coolant before it reaches the cutting tool tip, shortening tool life, whereas the streamlined shape of a collet chuck enables precise coolant delivery. Collet chucks also produce far less mist than three-jaw chucks.
We have excellent production process, we can customize for you(OEM). Welcome to inquire about large quantity orders